Sunday, July 31, 2022

In Time.🌻

I've been posting pictures of weddings I attended, both on my Facebook wall and MyDay, and it's inevitable to get replies like, "ikaw kailan?", "susunod ka na ba Lou?". While I love weddings and I'm dreaming of being in that moment one day, it is not something I can force myself to. 

The society has made us believe that the best route to a fulfilled life is to study, graduate, find a job, find a boyfriend, get married, have kids, and settle. While this flow of live events is true for most of us, and it’s inspiring to see my friends and relatives actually are taking this route, this is not the only path for everyone. Some would take the road less travelled while others would take a leap of faith to get out of their shell. There may be detours and delays and that’s okay. Just because everyone says so, doesn't mean you would actually conform and settle.

At each season of our lives, we are there for a reason and a purpose. Cliché as it sounds, but we gotta honor our own pace and timeline. Few people know my breadwinner duties while growing up in a broken family and how my adulthood was pretty much spent in helping them. But friends, there's also so much growth happening around me now and I’m taking it one at a time. I am loving my season and I'm also respecting the season of the person I'm hoping and praying to marry one day.

So sa mga nagtatanong kung kailan, "in God's time" ;) Keep going and growing through life and we'll get there. Saka bukod sa busy ako, paunahin muna natin yung ate ko. Try nyo din 'to pakinggan: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2sEVyTTWqkSHzOwBWyPz2y?si=2RETIzTETlOFQYgA8Po4cw

Photo not related to caption.🌻 just adding some vibrant yellow on everyone's feed while letting my words out. But did you know that sunflowers symbolize unwavering faith and unconditional love?🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment